West Chester United Soccer Club relies on its many volunteer coaches, parents and Age Group Commissioners to promote a quality soccer experience for our recreation league players. Age Group Commissioners (AGC’s) are a very important part of this, without them it simply wouldn’t be so successful. We are always on the lookout for people to step into this role.
Below is a list of their main roles and responsibilities:
- Act as the overall coordinator and initial point of contact for their division.
- Work & communicate with the Recreation Leagues Administrator, inc. but not limited to:
- Communicate incidents such as inappropriate coach/parent behavior, referee problems, etc.
- Ensure parent and coach issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Collect feedback from coaches upon season completion and pass to the Recreation Leagues Administrator.
- Work & communicate with coaches, inc. but not limited to:
- Communicate field changes, cancellations, etc.
- Assist with practice schedule problems if/when they arise.
- Download registered players of your assigned age division from the club website and form them into competitive, balanced teams.
- Assign head coaches and assistant coaches to teams & help recruit new coaches as required.
- Attend AGC/coach meetings before & after each season.
- Present trophies to end of season tournament winners (U09-U18 only).
- Participate in uniform distribution, picture distribution.
What do AGC’s get in return for their time?
- An opportunity to give back to their community
- An opportunity to be a part of improving and growing the recreation league program
- WCUSC Adidas Apparel (Christmas gift)
- Invitation to Annual Club Christmas Party
- Invitation to Annual Coach Appreciation Brunch
- Not involved with any registration functions.
- Do not handle money or forms.
- Don’t deal with any unregistered players.
- Do not deal with any game schedules.
If you would like more information or would like to volunteer to become an AGC, please contact Lee Craigie, Recreation Leagues Administrator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-399-5277 ext. 7.