West Chester United Soccer Club relies on its many volunteer coaches, parents and Age Group Commissioners (AGC) to promote a quality soccer experience for our recreation league players. Volunteer coaches are a very important part of this, without them it simply wouldn’t be so successful. We are always on the lookout for people to step into this role.
Below is a list of their main roles and responsibilities:
What do volunteer coaches do?
- Work & communicate with their AGC & Recreation Leagues Administrator, inc. but not limited to:
- Communicate incidents such as inappropriate coach/parent behavior, referee problems, etc.
- Report all injuries requiring medical attention to their AGC.
- Give feedback from coaches upon season completion and pass to their AGC.
- Coach at one practice and one game a week per season.
- Submit practice field requests to the Recreation League Administrator.
- Set an example for your players by being positive and reflect good sportsmanship and the spirit of soccer.
Given the opportunity to attend WCUSC coaches’ clinics and EPYSA coach education.
Act as the initial point of contact for their team assistant coach, parents & players.
- Responsible for the conduct and administration of their teams, including sideline behavior of assistant coaches, players, parents, and spectators.
- Participate in uniform distribution.
- Attend AGC/coach meetings before & after each season.
Adhere to all WCUSC rules, regulations, and policies.
What do volunteer coaches’ get in return for their time?
- WCUSC Coaching Apparel.
- Invitation to Annual Coach Appreciation Brunch.
What are volunteer coaches not required to do or deal with?
- No registration functions!
- No assigning of players!
- No money or forms!
- No unregistered players!
- No updating of our website!
Some of our recreation coaches have little or no experience. All you need is to be enthusiastic about the game of soccer and a willingness to learn and teach! We give you all the information you will need to help your players thrive and grow within our recreation program!
If you would like more information or would like to volunteer to become a coach, please contact Anthony Bafile, Recreation Leagues Administrator, on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-399-5277 ext. 7.