West Chester United Soccer Club relies on its many volunteer parent coaches and Age Group Commissioners (AGC) to promote a quality soccer experience for our recreation league players. Volunteer coaches are a crucial part of this, without them it simply wouldn’t be possible.
What do volunteer coaches do?
- Work & communicate with their AGC & Recreation Leagues Administrator, inc. but not limited to:
- Communicate incidents such as inappropriate coach/parent behavior, referee problems, etc.
- Report all injuries requiring medical attention to their AGC.
- Give feedback from coaches upon season completion and pass to their AGC.
- Coach at one practice and one game a week per season.
- Submit practice field requests to the Recreation League Administrator.
- Set an example for your players by being positive and reflect good sportsmanship and the spirit of soccer.
Given the opportunity to attend WCUSC coaches’ clinics and EPYSA coach education.
Act as the initial point of contact for their team assistant coach, parents & players.
- Responsible for the conduct and administration of their teams, including sideline behavior of assistant coaches, players, parents, and spectators.
- Participate in uniform distribution.
- Attend AGC/coach meetings before & after each season.
Adhere to all WCUSC rules, regulations, and policies.
What do volunteer coaches’ get in return for their time?
- An opportunity to be role models for our children
- An opportunity to participate in the development of our children both on and off the field
- An opportunity to devlelop soccer skills and instill a love of the game in our children
- An opportunity to serve your community and club
Some of our recreation coaches have little or no experience. All you need is to be enthusiastic about the game of soccer and a willingness to learn and teach. We EPYSA sponsored coach education courses three/year, addtional coach education opportunities for U06 and U07 through our DOC lead clinics, coach education and resources through the subscription for YouthSoccer101 included with registration.
If you would like more information or to volunteer, please contact Susan Krause, Recreation League Administrator, email@example.com or call 610-399-5277 ext. 12.